A Personal Injury And Car Accident Law Firm That Takes Action.
Matthew comes to the practice of law with a natural drive to advocate, protect and seek solutions. He was raised this way from a very early age. His childhood and adolescence made him believe in the need to advocate for underdogs. He learned about fairness and resilience and fighting for what's fair. The Maddox Law Firm approaches every new client and every case with these fundamental philosophies always driving your representation. Matthew Maddox guides, protects and advocates for the criminally accused. He fights relentlessly for the underdog.
Matthew graduated from Fairfield University with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and earned a law degree from Suffolk University in 1990. Since then, he has managed cases ranging from Reckless Driving to Murder and everything in between. Matthew has tried cases before judges and juries and has developed a reputation as a gifted trial attorney who is always prepared.
Matthew is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Connecticut Bar Association, and the Fairfield County Bar Association. He is a frequent speaker to schools, parent associations and corporations on legal and social issues. He is a member of the Stamford Juvenile Review Board and an advisor to the Darien Blue Wave Council and the Ram Council Foundation, both youth-led organizations devoted to health and abstinence from alcohol and drugs.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Fairfield University
- Major: Political Science
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, Marijuana: The Law and Social Policy
- Speaker, Campus Sexual Assault and the Law of Affirmative Consent
- Advisor, Darien Blue Wave Council
- Advisor, Ram Council Foundation
- Member, Stamford Juvenile Review Board
- Member, Stamford Reentry Roundtable
- Volunteer, DOMUS
- Legal Advisor, New Canaan Coalition Against Underage Drinking
- Member, Board of Directors, New Canaan Nature Center
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Auto Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991